CONFIRMATION SERVICE FOR 9TH GRADE STUDENTS
SUNDAY, AUGUST 23, 2020 2 PM
WORSHIP SERVICE with COMMUNION
The church building and its offices will be closed between March 27th and April 10th. If you absolutely need access, please contact Pastor Steve at 507.703.1221. The governor’s order for “social distancing” has been extended to May 1st, so feel free to call or email the office with messages (507.864.7152 / [email protected]).
Stay calm and continue to pray for strength, well-being, good health and fast healing.
Mondays at 6:30 PM there is a men’s small group Bible study taking place at the church. All men are welcome to attend. The study is led by Steve Burdey.
While gathering for worship is the heart and center of what we do as a congregation, there comes a time in our hearts when we know we must place the safety and health of our members first. Encouraged by a state and national authorities, including the Center for Disease Control, we are suspending a majority of activities here at church, including:
- Sunday morning and Wednesday evening worship (Sermons will continue to be posted here on the website, please see below).
- Sunday school, along with all children and youth activities.
- Wednesday Lenten worship, potlucks, and confirmation classes.
- Homebound, nursing home, and hospital visitation by the pastor (at the request of the nursing homes and hospitals).
Smaller groups, including men’s and women’s groups, sewing and quilting, are free to continue meeting at the church building at their own discretion. Remember, the majority of officials have recommended to suspend all public gatherings of more than 10 persons. We ask members to stop participating at the first sign of illness, or if there is a verified case of the coronavirus in our community.
We do want to continue to guide our members through the crisis as much as possible. Therefore we will continue to:
- Post the Sunday morning sermon here. Sermons are typically uploaded on Sunday mornings by 11:00 A.M.
- Turn on the “home phone” during the taping of the sermon, which will take place on Sundays at 9:00 A.M. (Please remind your elderly family members who have a “home phone” connection to continue to turn it on Sundays).
- Keep the church office staffed and open Monday through Thursday from 8-12. However, the church office will close if there is a confirmed case of coronavirus in our community. Please feel free to call the office with messages.
- Provide pastoral counseling and care for crisis situations, including funerals for members. If you have a pastoral emergency at any time, please call Pastor Steve directly at 507-703-1221.
As of this date, we have no way of knowing how long we will need to maintain the safety of our members and community through “social distancing.” Governor Walz’s mandate for school closings continues through March 30; which seems a bit optimistic at this point. When your Church Council and Pastor feel it is safe to resume activities, we will do so with no hesitation.
Please assist in spreading this unfortunate news to your fellow members. As someone mentioned the other day, “We got through the flood, we can get through this!” If you know of any fellow members, either church or community, that need assistance with groceries or shopping, or are simply having a hard time coping with the social isolation, please notify the church office.
We lift up you and your extended family in prayer, asking that our Lord will guard and keep us safe in his arms, in this life and the next.
Get your RLCW Cookbooks! They are available for purchase, $15. The cookbooks can be purchased after church in the Fellowship Hall or in the church office during business hours.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Rushford Lutheran Church, please either talk to Pastor Steve or e-mail him at [email protected]. Members participate in the mission and ministry of our congregation, including voting and holding office, and are notified of congregational activities through the newsletter and other means. Members also receive the benefits of pastoral care, hospital visits, baptisms, weddings and funerals. Membership is both a blessing and a responsibility, and a commitment to continuing one’s Christians growth.
We would like to thank the Men’s Helping Hands for all the miscellaneous tasks they do around the church and two parsonages. Many hands make light work. All are welcome to stop by Wednesdays at 9 AM for a cup of coffee and devotions led by Pastor Steve.
Rushford Lutheran Church offers a Monday night worship service at 5:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. If you are unable to join us Sunday morning due to travel or work, please join us on Monday nights. The service has the same hymn selections and sermon as Sunday morning, but held in the more informal setting of the fellowship hall.