(These are un-official minutes!! Minutes in draft form; not yet approved.)
Rushford Lutheran Church Council Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 7:04 pm by Vice – President Mike Messenger at 7:03 PM
Present: Mike Messenger, Letitia Kopperud, Shari Michel, June Vitse, Dean Hatlevig
Absent: Tom Kopperud, John Munter, Vicki Nelson, Tony Heiden
Staff Present: Jean Krambeer (Business Office Coordinator), Pastor Steve Chellew
Devotions and Prayer Concerns – Dean Hatlevig.
Adoption of Agenda – Motion to approve agenda. MSA
Secretary’s Report – Motion to approve. MSA
Treasurer’s Report – Jean reports that we are in line with our budget for the month. MSA
Pastor’s Report – Pastor Steve reported on hospital visits, funerals (1) , and in home visits. The
cranberry hymnals will be given to the Pastor from Mabel Lutheran Church for a church in need in northern Minnesota. MSA
- Bids on Pastor’s parsonage windows – Windows are in major need of replacement in most, if not all, the parsonage. A motion was made to replace the upper level windows (5 for now) a limit of $10,000 and the rest of the windows to be replaced at future date. MSA
- Update on Education Wing Lighting – in process. Funds were received from the RLCW and Men’s Club.
- Update on Restoration Project – Nothing new to report.
- Determine Short Term Goals (3-5) years and long-term goals (5-10 years). Each committee should be providing a list to the Council for consideration. Tabled.
- Endowment Committee (Response on Funding) – Tabled.
- Student Ministry Director – We have one applicant. HR Committee and a person from the Education Committee to do the interview.
- White Parsonage House – The renter is asking to be released from her lease in early June. The rent will be paid for that month. An ad will be put in the bulletin, newsletter and local newspaper.
- After Hours Protocol – Properties Committee will receive a list of business contacts from Jean that can be used for maintenance issues and emergencies on the rental and parsonage properties. The Properties Committee will appoint a person or persons from the Properties Committee as a contact person.
- Motions to Approve – It has been legally advised that we no longer state the person who makes a motion and the person who seconds a motion, in our council minutes. MSA.
Motion to accept the Committee Repots – MSA
Motion to adjourn. MSA
Secretary, Letitia Kopperud
Balance brought forward 4/1/2019 $ 11,518.01
TOTAL RECEIPTS $ 47,492.95
DISBURSEMENTS $ 37,874.25
TOTAL ON HAND 4/30/2019 $ 21,136.71