March 8, 2021
Reminder to turn in meeting notes from each committee to church office (email: [email protected])
1) Devotions & Prayer Concerns – John
Prayer concerns-Cliff Hallum; Tony Hallum; Ada Kjos; Irene Overland.
2) Adoption of Agenda: (MA)
3) Election of Officers and Committee Assignments and Devotions Assignment MA
Vice President-Shari Michel
Treasurer: June Vitse
April – Barb
May – June
June – Dean
July – Glen
August – Shari
September – Jim
October – John
November – Amy
December – Pastor Steve
January – Amy
Committee Assignments: (MA)
4) Secretary’s Report: (MA)
5) Treasurer’s Report: (MA)
January and February financials-Healthy status
6) Pastoral Report-20 homebound visits; more than ½ of the visits were in person; Bremmer Suites visits are allowed not; 9-hospital visits: phone; 1-Baptism-Remington Darlene Eide. Worship Attendance-almost full capacity with the two services at 50% capacity.
7) Unfinished Business
- Building Renovation (Jerome)-currently working on the roof.
The roof above the stained-glass window is done. The window is ready to be worked on.
Discussion on working on the roof and the window at the same time.
Get bids from contractors for continued work on the roof.
Motion made to work on the large north stained-glass window. MA
- Revision of Job Descriptions: The HR Committee is working on updating Christine and Kristin current job descriptions. Discussion of revising the Youth Ministries Director job description.
8) New Business
- Alley House – Passed Renter (outstanding utility bills of $1,036.82.). Directed to send letter to try to collect; then turnover to collection agency; Possible Renters-Interested renters. (MA)
- Correct Melissa Feine’s term on the Endowment Committee to 2 year-term. (MA)
- Set a Sunday in March for Installation of New Council Member-March 28th 2nd service
- Easter Breakfast-Membership Committee is looking for help.
- Ignite Youth Leadership Conference, Des Moines, March 12-14, 2021 (MA)
The Council discussed this conference extend a 2nd night-funding will come out of The Youth Ministry Savings Account.
- Civic Benevolence: Rushford Food Shelf-$1,500 (MA). The RP Foundation was discussed. with no action taken.
9) Committee Reports: (MA)
10) Discussion on the main street parking-March 23rd city public hearing to discuss this situation and should be resolved.
Next Meeting: April 12th
Respectfully submitted, Vicki Nelson
RLC Council Meeting: March 21, 2021
PRESENT: John Munter, Jim Bernier, Dean Hatlevig, Amy Luhmann, Shari Michel, Glen Kopperud, Barb Johnson
ABSENT: June Vitse, Vicki Nelson
OTHERS PRESENT: Jean Krambeer (Business Office Coordinator)
Dean called the meeting to order at 10:15 am.
Unfinished Business: Restoration of stained-glass window: John Munter began discussion stating the Properties Committee recently met with the Stained Glass and Restoration Company from Onalaska, WI for a bid on restoration of large stained-glass window on north side which has been in place for 106 years. This company, with 50 years’ experience, offered a bid of $24,485 to fix (remove window, clean and re-lead–will not use acrylic coating–replace with opulent tempered glass); $19,000 to put back into church for a total of ~$44,000. Timeframe for completion is 2-3 months. Window will be taken out from inside. Outside covering will remain in place. Interior will have temporary insert.
Associated Crafts bid was $84,000 to essentially do the same.
The Properties Committee consisting of Claire Olstad and John Munter met and discussed with Pastor Steve. The committee was in favor of this new bid.
Jean discussed financials for window: Amount saved $19,668; $15,000 from Capital Improvement Funds for a total amount presently available to be ~$35,000.
A motion to accept the bid from Stained Glass and Restoration of Onalaska to remove window and cover with framed window for $45,000. Motion was seconded; MA.
Closing Prayers/ Adjournment
We closed with the Lord’s Prayer. Adjourned at 10:35am.
Barbara Johnson, Council Secretary
JANUARY CASH SUMMARY REPORT
Balance brought forward 1/1/2021 $30,379.24
TOTAL RECEIPTS $22,856.38
TOTAL ON HAND 1/31/2021 $6,105.28
FEBRUARY CASH SUMMARY REPORT
Balance brought forward 2/1/2021 $6,105.28
TOTAL RECEIPTS $39,549.56
TOTAL ON HAND 2/28/2021 $4,488.75
2021 CHURCH COUNCIL MEMBERS
Dean Hatlevig, Council President, Finance, Membership 864-7001 [email protected]
Glen Kopperud, Youth 458-6894 [email protected]
Shari Michel, Education 875-2818 [email protected]
Vicki Nelson, Worship 864-2027 [email protected]
June Vitse, Human Resources 864-7876 [email protected]
Amy Luhmann, Membership 864-3121 [email protected]
John Munter, Properties 429-2969 [email protected]
Jim Bernier, Finance, Endowment 261-4991 [email protected]
Barbara Johnson, Scholarship 421-5472 [email protected]