We’ve had a great start this year. On Rally Sunday, the students wrote prayer requests and then participated in a fun game of charades. Attendance is important for multiple reasons. But, most importantly and most basic – it’s Christian education. Our goal is to teach your children about God and His love through bible lessons, activities, crafts and music. Please keep bringing your children to Sunday school. It’s a great place!
Prayer Wall. Don’t forget to visit the Prayer Wall
(bulletin board) located in the upstairs hallway of the Education Wing. Prayers have been requested by many students. Instructions are posted on the bulletin board. Answer a prayer and let our young members know that there are members of our congregation that will pray for them. Take the opportunity whenever you are at the church, women’s group, men’s group, worship service, Bible study, meetings, etc. Or make the time for a special stop to answer a prayer.
Operation Christmas Shoebox. Student offerings from September through December will be collected and used for Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes. If you can, please send an
offering with your child on Sunday mornings. If you want to fill a box to donate, here’s what to do:
- Find an average-sized shoebox.
- Decide whether you will pack for a girl or boy and the age category.
- Fill it with gifts, fun toys, school supplies, clothing outfit, hygiene items (no toothpaste, liquids, or candy).
- Pray for the child that will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note and photo.
- Drop-off your shoebox, or items to include in a shoebox by the end of October. National Collection Week is November 15-22. Check out the website for more information and ideas, samaritanspurse.org/what–we–do/operationchristmas–child. See the display table in the Narthex for more information, ideas, donation drop-off box, and empty boxes to fill.
Sunday school will be having a service walk event on October 10.
This event will take place during their normally scheduled Sunday school class time and will consist of a walk around the area in support of Operation Christmas Child Shoebox. In order for us to take your child off church grounds, we will need your signed permission for our records. Please sign and return the form being sent home with students (or return the general field trip permission form).
Fourth Grade students will receive catechisms on October 24 at the 9:15 a.m. church service. Parents and students will be receiving information letters in the mail about this milestone event.
October is Pastor Appreciation Month! Please take a moment to thank Pastor Steve for all that he does for our congregation. As their service project, the second graders will show their appreciation to Pastor Steve on Sunday, October 3.
Fifth graders will have First Communion on Sunday, October 3.
Students in preschool through fifth grade will share special music during the 9:15 a.m. service on the fourth Sunday of each month beginning this month on October 24. Please have them arrive by 9 a.m. Reminder notes will be sent home from Sunday school the week before.
Enjoy the beautiful fall weather and scenery!
In God’s grace,
Christine Anderson, Family Education Director
507-858-5968 or email@example.com
2020 RLC Virtual Christmas Program